Pages

Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer

This awesome juicer is the sibling of Omega J8005, a masticating juicer that crushes the fruit or veggie into pulp before getting the juice out of it. Do you know this means more nutrients in the fruit juice?

Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer
This intimidating-looking juicer is the best choice for those of you who are on a juice diet. The auger turns only 80rpm, causing less heat and oxidization to the fruits, so nutrients don’t get killed.
I remember seeing the Omega J8006 at a store and the lady was demonstrating and giving out free juice drinks. She very kindly let me try out the juicer.
First impression I got was that the feed tube is much smaller than my Breville. Only about 1.5 inches. The lady explained that by cutting up the fruit/veggie into smaller pieces, less of it will go to waste in the juicer. Well, I suppose that’s true, but maybe I’m just not the type who like to go into the extra step.
Anyway I tried out this juicer with apples. And oh boy! The apple juice was wonderful! Unlike using centrifugal juicers, there was almost no foam at all. It tasted really good (probably because without all the foam) and didn’t turn brown as soon as the apple juice from centrifugal juicers.
And really, nothing goes to waste in this juicer. The Omega J8006 squeezes every bit of juice out of the fruits. The pulp is really dry. This juicer can juice practically anything! Soft fruits, hard fruits, and wheatgrass? No problem.
The only thing I didn’t like about masticating juicers is that they are less quick to clean than my best juicer. If you don’t have a busy life like mine, this might be the juicer for you.